Hurray! The DSS recruitment officials are currently accepting applications for the 2023–2024 recruiting cycle. If you are interested in applying for a position with the Department of State, you can find all the details you need about the DSS recruitment application process, as well as specific requirements, in the following article.
The Department of State Security (DSS) has begun the recruitment intake process for the 2023/2024 session. This article is intended to serve as a guide for all candidates who are interested and qualified. Continue reading if you are interested in learning more about the recruitment process for the DSS and want a chance to grab this excellent opportunity.
The Department of State Security is the name of the government agency in Nigeria that is in charge of maintaining the country’s overall safety. The Department of State Security is primarily responsible for defending and protecting the country from a variety of domestic threats. These threats include surveillance, counter-terrorism, and counter-intelligence efforts, as well as counter-intelligence operations. In addition to investigating a variety of other offenses against the state, this department is also responsible for investigating a variety of other offenses against the state.
General Requirements for DSS Recruitment Portal 2023
All interested applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be successfully selected.
In addition, the Department of State Security provides protection for high-ranking government officials, including the President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, and Governors of the various states, as well as the families of these individuals. The President of the United States is included in this category.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth
- Applicants must be will to work in a new environment
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Present a valid birth certificate or an age declaration
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification such as an International passport, National ID Card, Voters Card, Driving License
- Applicants interested in the Department of State Service recruitment must not be over 30 years at the time of application
- All candidates must present O’level result (WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB)
- Applicants must not have any of the following problems: communicable diseases, stammering, mental problems, sight problem, ear problem, or any physical disability. Must be physically and mentally sound. No tattoos or inscription on the body.
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- Not be less than 1.65 metres for female and 1.69 metres for male candidates respectively.
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, ND, or NCE certificate from a recognized institution
- Two recent passport photographs, preferably with a colour background
- Applicant’s chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin duly signed by the Local government authorities.
- Candidates must not belong to any secret society, cult or fraternity.
- Must not have been involved in any criminal activities in the past
- Candidates will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test
- Application letter
How to apply for the 2023 DSS Recruitment Program
To successfully apply for the DSS recruitment this year, visit the recruitment website at http://www.dss.gov.ng/. The application process is pretty straightforward. Carefully follow the steps and guidelines outlined below.
- Visit the official recruitment portal at http://www.dss.gov.ng/
- Create an account with your active E-mail or phone number
- Read and accept all the terms and conditions
- Enter your details correctly
- Verify all your information
- Submit your application
- Alternatively, you can simply visit the nearest Department of State Service office in your state to apply.
- You will be required to write a formal letter that indicates your Local Government of Origin
- The application letter must be handwritten
- Your complete Statement of Results is required
Note: The application letter should be directed to the Director-General of the Department of State Service. Also, your letter of application should be duly signed by the head of your L.G.A or any top official in your Local Government.
After that, visit the nearest Department of State Service office in your state and submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions about the DSS Recruitment
1. Is DSS recruiting for the year 2023?
Candidates interested in the Department of State Service recruitment are required to visit the nearest Department of State Service office in their states and submit an application.
2. How can I apply for DSS Recruitment
To apply, visit the Department of State Service recruitment portal at www.dss.gov.ng and follow the instructions, or visit the nearest Department of State Service office in your state. Once you are selected, huge life-changing opportunities are ahead.
3. Is the DSS Recruitment form for 2023 out?
We will update this page once the DSS recruitment form is out. Check the official recruitment portal at www.dss.gov.ng regularly or keep visiting this website to stay updated once the form is out.
4. When is the DSS Recruitment 2023 Closing date?
The deadline for the Department of State Service recruitment 2023/2024 has not been officially announced. We will let you know once it is disclosed. Keep visiting this website regularly if you want to be notified on the latest update.
5. How much is DSS salary per month?
The average salary for State Security Service (SSS) members at Department of State Service is 210,000 Naira per month.
6. What are the DSS Rank Structure?
Below is the Department of State Service rank in descending order
- Lieutenant General
- Major General
- Brigadier General
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Second Lieutenant
- Staff Sergeant
See how to access the Nasarawa State Government Recruitment Portal: The process of hiring new members of the Nasarawa State Government in 2023 has now gotten underway. Those who want to work for the Nasarawa state government will find useful information in this article about the Nasarawa state government’s recruitment portal (www.nasarawastate.gov.ng), the application form, the requirements, and the rules for applying for job openings in the Nasarawa state government.