There are various reasons one would want to turn down a job offer. You might be thinking, in this time where things are hard and people are struggling to get a job why then would anyone want to turn down a job offer?
However, the fact that you do not want a job or you are no longer interested in the job doesn’t mean that you should leave the employment mail unattended to without any reply. You have to turn down the job offer in a polite way such that if there is any need for you to reapply they would welcome you back with open arms into the company or firm. You do not need to burn the bridge because you have found greener pastures.
Reasons People Would Turn Down A Job Offer.
- People can turn down a job offer when they have found a better offer.
- People are likely to turn down a job offer when they see that the salary is not attractive.
- Some other people would turn down a job offer when they find out that the working conditions of the company might not be favorable for them.
- For some people, they would turn down a job offer because they put out so many job applications without focus on a particular role. By the time the job offer comes they might have found a career path to follow and the offer might not align with what the want.
Irrespective of the reason for which you might want to turn down a job offer, there are guidelines to follows when you want to turn down a job offer. These guidelines will help you make the best decisions when turning down a job offer.
It would also make it possible for the firm to receive you back with open arms if for any reason you chose to come back and work with them.
When you turn down a job offer using these guidelines, the company would want to retain you. For that reason, they would want to do all that’s in their power to make you stay. If your reason is the low salary, it will be reconsidered. It would also make the recruiters respect you more.
How To Turn Down A Job Offer
- The first thing to note when you want to turn down a job offer is that you were not the only candidate, you were only luck to be chosen. Do not take the efforts of the recruiters for granted. Appreciate them for believing that you are the one for the job. Express sincere heartfelt gratitude to them for the opportunity.
- The next thing to do when you want to turn down a job offer is to explain to them politely whey you would not be accepting the offer. Show they you are sorry for turning down the job offer as it is not your intention to waste their time but state the reasons you would like to turn down the job offer.
- When you turn down a job offer, keep the networking door open. Always reach out to the company once in a while. If you can’t get the company, get one person who works in the company and stay in tough. Check up form time to time.
The most important thing to note when you want to turn down a job offer is that though you might not accept the job offer but the company might have so much to offer you in the nearest future so do not leave without stating your reasons. This would also help them find a replacement on time.